12.8.17

Justin Burns almost made it to treatment

 read his first letter as sent: https://ffupstuff.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/justin-burns-7-27.pdf
Below is first letter typed: 7 27 17 letter
born 1991- 26 years old

Justin Burns 560078 CCI
My name is Justin Burns and I’m in the cell with Justin Welch here in seg at CCI. I’d like to briefly explain my situation to you. I suffer from Mental illness specifically OCD, Anxiety and depression. I was referred to WRC as a High Priority for these symptoms I just told you about. My referral was accepted in 90 minutes; the quickest acceptance the psych doctor has ever seen! On the day I packed to leave to go to WRC I was found with some Marijuana on me; I had self medicated a few days before because I just couldn’t take the depressions and anxiety of everyday life with my WCLG. So I was given 360 days in seg due to my Conduct report. My visits were also taken from me due to my ticket but my visits had absolutely nothing to do with my conduct report.  There are numerous inmates here who lost their visits also due to having dirty UAs.
So back to my situation, I have wrote PSU two times since i’ve been here and have not been seen.  i’m just another casualty of the system who will not receive treatment before getting out. ON 6/30/17 I packed up to transfer to leave Monday 7 3 17.While I was in seg Captain Miller came to my door and said ”you know you were supp0sed to leave today.” I said, “yes, I now.
 He said I wasn’t leaving through.
My mental health has been eating me and there is s no one here to talk to or to help. I was PRC’d  to leave for treatment at WRC and it was Just stopped! No one is responding to my requests> NO one has answers. I ‘ve wrote to the Captain, to the security director, to the social worker, to the unit manager and also o PSU. I’m getting a copy of my referral tonight and when I get It I will send it to you. I would like to be names as a plaintiff in the class action lawsuit that’s going on. Justin Welch will help me exhaust  administrative remedies.(gives me permission to do as I like with his letter, and that he is on mail monitoring. )

This is a request to see the psychological staff.
read his hand written letter: https://ffupstuff.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/justin-burns-7-27.pdf
We have invited Justin to write for this blog and will look for other ways to help him cope with his OCD. anxiety and depression but the only real way to help any of these prisoner is t change the system - which means legal action and litigation- attempts are under way.

No comments: